Dental health is of utmost importance as poor dental hygiene can lead to several problems such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, erectile dysfunction, and many others. Brushing regularly is not the only oral health that one needs. There are several other dental care procedures that need to be followed regularly to save yourself a visit to your orthodontics.
Many dentists suggest a good dental care regime to ensure that your teeth are in good health. What is the best dental care regime to follow?
- Start your day by brushing your teeth using fluoride toothpaste, as it helps in protecting your teeth from decay. Fluoride helps to fight germs and protect the teeth by acting as a barrier.
- Do not neglect to floss. Flossing stimulates the gum, reduces plaque, and helps lower inflammation.
- Follow-up with a mouthwash! Many people think that mouthwash is just an advertisement by companies who look for opportunities to sell their products. But did you know that mouthwash cleans areas around the gums that are hard-to-brush, decreases the amount of acid in your mouth, as well as re-mineralizes the teeth?
- Limit the intake of sugar and acidic food. Sugar converts into acid in the mouth and erodes the enamel of your teeth. Acidic food such as tea, coffee, and some fruits too wear down the enamel causing several dental problems.
- Make sure you wash your mouth thoroughly after every meal. It is also better to rinse your mouth after drinking any drink other than water.
- Don’t forget to brush at night and remember to floss and use mouthwash.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year. A visit to a restorative dental clinic will help you understand any problems that may have been caused to your teeth or gums.
A good dental practice to maintain the hygiene of your teeth will help you live a long and happy life.
North Coast Dental is a leading Dental Practice in San Marcos California. Our dentists use the latest techniques and technology to provide patients the very best in dental care. From dental hygiene, implants, cosmetic and oral surgery, we are able to treat a wide range of conditions. Visit your local dentist in San Marcos and enjoy better dental health.