If you think that the yellow on your teeth is just your natural teeth color, then it’s time you visit your dentist. The change in shade is caused by several reasons, such as
- Certain food and drinks, such as tea, coffee, cola, wine, potato, apple, among others.
- Use of tobacco and other related products.
- Poor dental hygiene that includes insufficient brushing, flossing, rinsing, rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash to remove stain-producing substances such as tobacco and coffee, and plaque.
- Diseases and their treatment that affect the enamel and dentin of the teeth.
- Medications like antibiotics given to children who are still developing, mouth rinses and mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride, antipsychotic drugs, and high blood pressure drugs.
- Dental materials containing silver sulfide.
- Age and genetics can also cause teeth discoloration.
- Trauma or accidents can damage the enamel of the teeth, causing discoloration.
How to treat teeth discoloration?
The treatment of teeth discoloration depends on the factors responsible. Various remedies include the following:
- The use of a suitable toothbrush and dental care and hygiene
- Following proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Avoiding food and drinks that cause teeth discoloration.
- Following an adequate dental practice that includes regular brushing, rinsing, and flossing.
- Using an over-the-counter teeth-whitening kit
- Use of in-home teeth whitening agents recommended by your dentist.
- Visiting a dentist for a teeth whitening treatment.
The ideal means to avoid discoloration is to take preventive measures. Many dentists advise a bi-annual dental check-up to maintain oral hygiene. Talk to your dentist in San Marcos, California, to understand the best way to cure teeth discoloration.
North Coast Dental is a leading Dental Practice in San Marcos California. Our dentists use the latest techniques and technology to provide patients the very best in dental care. From dental hygiene, implants, cosmetic and oral surgery, we are able to treat a wide range of conditions. Visit your local dentist in San Marcos and enjoy better dental health.